Monday, October 3, 2011

Two down, 9999999 to go

Last post I talked about starting a Noah’s Ark in my belly and I think I’m doing pretty well.

Warning: This post is not for aminal lovers. To me, all aminals were created equally. In my eyes, a dog is on the same level as a cow and a chicken. If you can eat one, you can eat all the others. The Western conception that a dog is somehow holier and more anthropomorphic doesn't totally register with me. You might also make the argument that a human being is an aminal. Why, yes they are. And I really wouldn’t hesitate to sample that at Costco if it were legal. I give you, my friends, permission to salvage my carcass if we were ever in a survival situation. Protein is protein!

Wild boar. It was gamier and chewier than pork, but more juicy. Roll it up with some basil and mint and it's good to go.

Dog. Looks kinda like the boar huh? The smell made me really uncomfortable at first. It was a mix between sweaty armpits and drunk hobos. But the taste was quite nice! It was very tender...not what I expected. Dogs raised for meat must not run around much. The fat and skin was not good, but I would definitely say the meat is one of the best aminal meats. You eat it with Vietnamese crackers rolled in veggies dipped in shrimp paste. Doesn't sound yummy, but I wouldn't decline to eat it again. You can get it either grilled or simply cooked. I wanted to really get a feel for the taste so there it is!

Boar or dog? I'll let you decide.



I know, I'm going to hell.

2 comments: