Saturday, September 10, 2011

Ho Chi Minh City

I'm back to Saigon and just moved into my new plizzace!

So the walls, the curtains, the ceilings....everything is GREEN. Good because that's my favorite color, bad for anyone else who visits.


Did I mention the walls have hearts and star shaped glitter on them? Yeah.
Buttt I quite like it. It’s spacious, in a quiet part of town, and near some good places to eat.

Furiously cleaning
touristy hotel right outside my balcony making me feel poor
Not much to talk about since I just moved in. Haven’t eaten anything delicious yet. Just a lot of Choco Pie, which is fucking fantastic!

This. OM NOM NOM.
Anywayssss, I've been talking a lot about the good (mainly delicious) things Vietnam has to offer. But it isn't all peaches and cream...there are some things I don't like. I thought it'd be best to make a list:

1) The traffic. Scary as all fuck. Yes, the drivers here are crazy but they are also very good at dodging traffic. However, I have seen at least 3 motorbike accidents where they crashed into each other and just got up and drove away. One of these instances involved a woman, who looked pretty bruised when she got hit, but the other guy rode away before anything could be done. I haven't seen anything bad happen to pedestrians, but let's hope I'm don't become the first casualty I encounter.

2) (Some) people. Specifically my relatives. They believe that I am absolutely incapable to doing anything for myself, which can be extremely irritating. I especially hate when I go to eat somewhere with my cousin and she grabs things out of my hands, flavors and garnishes my food for me, and basically spoon-feeds me my noodles. I'll put up with a lot of things, but do not mess with my food. I had to keep my pimp hand strong and let her know. Well, sort of, I just kind of asked her can I do it myself.

3) The money. Why so many goddamn zeros? I get the 1000 confused with the 10000 confused with the 100000. And same for the 2000 and so on.

4) The public restrooms. It's disgusting.

5) The aminals. Anyone who knows me knows I hate aminals. Your pets are not adorable, and no I would not like to see pictures of them in baby strollers. In Vietnam, the aminal sitch is even worse. Take your average American dog and take away all the fat until you just get a sack of skin and bones, throw in some large googly eyes that are festering out of its head, scruff up the fur and mat it down with some sewage water, and add a dash of foam at the mouth and you got a suspect for rabies.

That's about everything so far. If this were the US, my list would be even longer. But then again, I've only been here for a few weeks.

Watch this video if you get a chance, it made me laugh way more than it should:
http://wimp.com/guyscartoon/

2 comments:

  1. sweetsop (custard apple) = AMAZINGGGG now i need soursop.....and need to see you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol i heard about the traffic. it's times like these when you wish you could fly. (or you know, every day of my life when i wish i could fly).

    ReplyDelete