Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Da Lat

I've been in the highlands of Da Lat the past few days. Weather here is awesome cuz the sun's not constantly shitting on me like it is in Saigon. It's actually kind of chilly and I've been wearing windbreakers even though everyone here dresses like it's middle of winter in Russia.

OK, so I ate the best fucking noodles ever the other day. It's Chinese ramen and it went down like butter. BEHOLD:

I give this nine thumbs up!!

I also had the best ice cream I’ve ever eaten. I know I keep saying this shit but I’m honestly not BS-ing. Vietnamese food >>>> American food, the NASDAQ, your mother, etc.

Soursop ice cream
The café where I had this had every flavor of ice cream on the menu: chocolate, coconut, bitter melon, even durian!

It’s true what they say…DO NOT COME TO OTHER COUNTRIES AND EAT AMERICAN FOOD. These fries were so gross.
Soggy butt piss
Apparently they were very good cuz all my cousins were stuffing their faces. They also really like the pizza and hamburgers here.

Peppers in Vietnam are quite spicy. Gives the pho a good kick.

Burns going both in and out
Shopping here is kind of a nightmare. There is just so much crap (literally, sometimes I see random turd trails in the marketplace) everywhere that you just leave empty handed and exasperated. I feel the pressure to bargain everywhere I go because I think I’m getting ripped off. The price of clothing is not that great because of inflation, so now prices are basically the same as over there. I bought shoes yesterday for $15. You gotta know where to go, and I don’t really yet.

Vortex of marketplace hell
I would have to say the thing I like most about Vietnam so far is definitely the food, specifically the fruits. Before you die, you must eat all of the following (in no particular order because they are all so goddamn delicious): PASSION FRUIT, MANGOSTEEN, VIETNAMESE CHERRIES, SAPODILLA, RAMBUTAN, SWEETSOP/SOURSOP, AMBARELLA, WATERAPPLE, and of course DRAGONFRUIT

Go forth and eat!

11 comments:

  1. Omg I'm so jelly....lol, miss u!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those peppers look awesomeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want everything xcept the toys and friess.....ahhh I'm HUNGRYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the chinese ramen looks like a heart attack vomited in it. BUT OH SO DELICIOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. is that a setting on your camera, or excessive neon lighting?

    ReplyDelete
  6. it was at night at this club/bar/cafe joint with really gay lighting, i tried my best lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. God that camera makes you look like a pro photographer. All this eating and shopping, have you even seen a mosquito yet???! :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahahaha only the ones that been biting me! i gotta get settled in first goshhh

    ReplyDelete
  9. sooo we get pics of mosquitos after you're settled?? it better be 'dramatic'

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL. i dont think bringing my camera out to muddy ass rice fields and sewage streams is a good idea but ok...

    ReplyDelete