Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Bali CONT

Day 2

We relocated to a more natury area of Bali today and I stayed at this gorgeous little forested 2 bedroom villa. Thing is, it wasn't even expensive. In Atlanta, $40/night lands you in the ghettos...or just ClayCo.



The day began with a tour of a coffee plantation. So there’s this weasel that poops coffee beans and that’s apparently the most expensive coffee EVAR…like hundreds of dollars for a cup. Yeah, I got to taste ass coffee. Achievement unlocked.

Straight from its butt to my mouth

Snakeskin fruit including some other fruits I've never seen
Coffee beans
Tea, chocolate, and coffee

Then they took us up to the top of a Balinese volcano (…ikr?!) and we ate breakfast at a restaurant overlooking the whole thing. Very nice place, but terrible breakfast.


We took a bike tour back down. So I haven’t ridden a bike in almost a decade didn’t really have the dexterity to take pics cuz I’m such a bike n00b. I was definitely the slowest one and nearly died a few times coasting down.  However, the ride was fucking beautiful. Rice paddies, coconut trees, villages, temples….

Amazing Race call meeeee!!


This kid thought I was Indonesian. When I started speaking English, he was disappoint.

Later on I had a superb dinner at this restaurant rated highest in Bali called Bridges. It was on a bridge unsurprisingly. I was the only non-white person there besides the waitresses. I was also the only American on both the bike tour and basically anywhere else. People kept telling me that Americans are close minded and don’t travel enough. That’s when I say well, I’m not American, I’m Vietnamese.


Prosciutto something or other 
Salad. Don't judge me.
Lob lob
Filet mignon taken from a horrible angle

I also went to the beach but didn’t take any pics cuz of the wetness. Beaches here are beautiful but very touristy.

Day 3

The third hotel I stayed at was balltastic, but I liked the hotel from Day 2 the best.




This morning I had an organic lunch at this one restaurant in the middle of a rice terrace. The walk there was sickeningly nice. But I figured you’d be tired of seeing rice terraces by now.

Smoothie made from REAL mango...take notes America!

After lunch came the monkeys. And believe you me, there was a shit ton of monkeys.

Monkey "forest"
Scared shitless from my monkey experiences in Peru
He wants something...
Maybe they're not so bad?
O_o look at his rage face! LOL

CLICK HERE FOR VERY DISTURBING NSFW MONKEY PIX

Today ended with a nice relaxing bit poolside. Back to Vietnam I go in a few hours!

:)

6 comments:

  1. omgaaaah. that monkey pic. that's aids in the making, man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. he was picking its ass and eating it!!! >.<

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i need full details when you return. call me ASAP!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. and i am so jealous you tried the weasel poop coffee!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhh i can't wait to tell u everything! i'm calling you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. omfg i just clicked on the monkey pic. nastyyyyyyy.

    ReplyDelete