Friday, May 4, 2012

First dinner

Rich and creamy ikura (salmon roe)

Beef so beautiful you had to eat it raw. Forget everything you ever knew about beef. There was no blood, no smell of raw meat, no stringiness...only the buttery feel of rich, indescribably fulfilling protein swishing around in your mouth. Made me shitlessly happy. Why can we not has in America!?

This dude is surely contemplating how awesome Japan is while the chef whips it up on the grill

This is what I came to Tokyo for! No one does ramen like the Japanese. The broth was so heavenly I felt like I was drowning in my own taste buds. And that egg! What the fuck kinda chicken did they harvest that from? Best part of pork ramen is, of course, the pork...have you ever eaten something so satisfying it almost made you tear? I've been dying to know what ramen in one of the best noodle shops in Japan would taste like...seriously the best soup of any kind I've ever had

Couldn't resist ordering another! This time with spicy chili...I can die nao.

Prepare for an onslaught of japan posts!

3 comments:

  1. Daaaaaamn that all looks fucking incredible! The roe looks amazing, the beef looks nuts, and the soup looks so flavorul and delicious! That chili in the last pic is such a deep delicious looking red.

    Can't wait for more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. if you were here you'd eat nonstop like me! ^.^

      Delete