Saturday, August 27, 2011

So Pho'king good

Goodbye Atlanta!


Hello pho!

Best pho evar.
I went to the country my first day here to visit the fam for a bit. Here's the ish about these Vietnamese people: they’ve been feeding me like some prized pig and absolutely do not understand the concept of being full. You know, like, not hungry anymore.

I say: I’m full.
They go: No, no you’re not.
I say: Yes I am. I’m dying. I want to throw up.
Them: You’re fine. Go throw up a lil and have some crab.

So thick and juicyyy
Wish Mahtab were here lol. I’ve learned that if you just pretend like you’re eating, they leave you alone….

My best discovery so far....my relatives have a friggin sugarcane machine. CAN I PLZ HAS?



SUGARCANE JUICE = DAYUMMMMM. SO GUD.

Vietnamese also do some strange/mildly amusing shiz:

They ran out of incense so they use cigarettes. MMMmm, nothing smells better than lung cancer.


Here’s your everyday pair of chicken feet dangling on a calendar.


My relatives chillin’ at, you know, a cemetery.


Here's some delicious mess I ate so far:

whipping up all kindsa good shit

Chom chom (rambutan) MAH FAV
Soursop. Sweet mother of zombie Jesus...

Durian. This made my whole room smell like wet socks and rotten eggs
Chicken salad

Children. Kidding.

10 comments:

  1. ANNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!

    You in the mother country!!! How does it feel? Is it hot? Why don't we get the white noodles instead of clear for pho here??? Are you planning to go shopping!?Are you gonna come back speaking only Vietnamese to us? Don't eat too much stuff or else you might get sick. I went to an asiany store today to buy some shoes and saw these strange asiany ones and thought of you.


    Love, Mai

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL mai. It's not hot right now cuz it's fucking rainy. IDK why we don't have white noodles but I think tree's mom has them sometimes. Imma go shopping as soon as I come back from Hanoi. I barely know how to speak vietnamese now! I don't eat stuff that they don't give to me so hopefully I won't get sick...

    I miss u guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm wearing your green white people shirt right now. It smells like you....in fact I think my whole closet smells like your house now. Even if I can't see you I can still smell you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha what green white people shirt!? i think my smell is even stronger now that it's been enhanced by the sau rieng...

    ReplyDelete
  5. the zooyorkzoyorkzooyork shirt. It didn't flatter me, I think it's the bright neon green color....everyone was like....dude you look super dark. I was like it's the shirt... -_-

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL it's just Zoo York once mai! the brand isn't ZOOYORKZOOYORKZOOYORK

    I saw white people today and it was like seeing them for the first time! I almost got hit crossing the street staring them down. You would go through withdraw here...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahhaa, yea, I would prolly be on the internet everyday tryna get mah mi trang boy fix....*sigh


    Are the Vietnamese over there able to tell that you just came from America?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Right away. As soon as I open my mouth they can already tell by my teeth!

    ReplyDelete